MorganLinton.com was started in October of 2007 when Morgan first started buying and selling domain names. Since then it has become one of the most-read blogs in the domain name space and more recently a popular destination in the startup and venture capital world. Morgan has been mentioned in broad-based publications like Forbes, domain industry specific publications like DNJournal and startup-specific sites like VentureBeat.
So who is Morgan? Here’s a quick summary in five bullet points:
- Born and reaised in Berkeley, California
- Holds a Masters Degree in Computer Engineering from Carnegie Mellon University
- After college was an early employee at Sonos (now a proud shareholder)
- Has bought, sold, and brokered over $5M in domain names (and wrote a book about it)
- In 2012 Daina (Morgan’s wife) and Morgan co-founded Fashion Metric, a venture-funded startup currently headquartered in Austin, TX
Currently Morgan spends his days, nights and weekends at Fashion Metric, you can read more about the company in Dataconomy, Gigaom, and PSFK. If you want to read more about Morgan and his adventures you can also check-out his articles on Medium.com.