In case you’re not active on the Twitterverse I’d like to bring you up to speed on a new feature that Twitter has just added to their service. The feature is called “Lists” however I think it really should be called “Groups” – but probably a bit too late to change the name!
The idea is a great one and in the general theme of Twitter – very simple. Lists are ways to organize groups of people on Twitter. You can create lists and add people to them so you can organize Tweets from a targeted group of people. This just launched and already there are 31 lists that are following me…
Since I’m a big Twitter geek I thought it would be great to share what I think are five great ways to use Twitter lists:
- Make a list of your favorite Domainers
- Create a list of gurus in a particular niche (yes – there are other interesting things out there besides Domaining!)
- Make a list of other Twitter users in your city or town
- Create a work Twitter list of people in your office
- Make a list of all your friends from High School, College, etc.
There are many more great uses for lists – feel free to comment and share your own. One thing is for sure – this feature is only starting to take-off and Twitter has an amazing way of creating very simple but wildly popular features!
Happy Tweeting and don’t forget to add me to your list!