Okay, we just got out of the hot tub and are making some dinner right now so I’ll keep this quick. A lot has happened this week and I just couldn’t go through the week without putting some of my thoughts out there.
- Epik has been the talk of the town lately and the story has continued to evolve as IceCreamMaker.com appeared back at the top of Google. As these sites continue to get added back Epik has also talked about new upgrades to their system. Only time will tell if this works as a long-term solution. I know some Domainers have decided not to keep some of their names with Epik. Since I don’t have any names with Epik I have no comment but this is going to continue to be a hot topic for a while.
- The battle between Mike and Owen seems to have taken its course. I haven’t talked about it at all until now – so ready to hear my comments? The great thing about living in the US is freedom of speech, that’s also the great thing about having a blog. I give both Mike and Owen total respect for expressing their opinions and speaking freely. As for who is right or wrong that’s for you to decide.
- Sex.com sold and Porno.net is going to auction at Snapnames with over 50 bids…which is the better term Sex or Porno? Obviously Sex.com is a better domain but would Porno.com be better because it’s more specific? What will porno.net sell for? These are the thoughts running through my head.
- I hired two new people this week – one to focus on link-building and the other to focus on the email side of my brokerage business. I’m working hard on being more strategic and less tactical – running a business is all about learning…constantly!
- Some people are telling me that now is one of the best times ever to buy domains on Snapnames, seems like not a week goes by that someone doesn’t tell me about a flip they did with a name they got on Snapnames. They aren’t a sponsor of my blog so this isn’t a paid promotion just what I’ve been observing.
- Flippa is full of scams. I spent about an hour today and have another article to write highlighting a few of these scams from start to finish. There are also some great legitimate site sales and I’ll be covering the opportunities there as well – stay-tuned for that.
- MorganLinton.tv had 21 LIVE viewers on Friday night! Tia Wood won the free beer competition which means that she gets two beers this weekend on me!
- Every single person that I talk to who attended TRAFFIC Miami tell me it’s the best TRAFFIC they’ve ever been to. I’m still bummed I couldn’t make it – sound like it really was an out of the park home run, congrats to Rick and Howard.
- November might be the first month this year that I don’t attend a conference – weird!
- I launched a new debt elimination site this week that I’ll be testing a new lead generation program with. I will be able to collect leads through a form as well as a toll-free number. I’ve heard from many people that the toll free numbers see good results so I’m looking forward to see how this goes.
- I’ve continued to work on the third edition of my book, it’s getting closer every day and tomorrow I’ll be spending a few hours on it…I think you’re all going to really like it!
- One last thing. I have a great domain – Babysitter.me that I’m looking to sell for a very reasonable price. Here’s the catch – I want to sell it to someone that will actually use it as I see this name perfect for a babysitter or someone who wants to run a directory site. Feel free to shoot me an email if you’d like to but this, we’re talking low $xxx so I’m not trying to get top-dollar for this.
Okay – Daina is ready for me to spend the rest of the night with her, that’s my time with you guys! I hope everyone is having a great weekend! Hmmm, that wasn’t quite as abbreviated as I thought it would be – well that’s abbreviated for me 🙂