Hi there 👋 and welcome to my blog.
I started MorganLinton.com when I first started buying and selling domain names back in 2007. Since then it has become one of the most-read blogs in the domain name space and a popular destination in the startup and venture capital world. My blog has been mentioned in broad-based publications like Forbes, domain industry specific publications like DNJournal and startup-specific sites like VentureBeat.
So who the heck am I? Here’s a quick summary:
- I was born and raised in Berkeley, California
- I have a Masters Degree in Computer Engineering from Carnegie Mellon University
- After college I was an early employee at Sonos (now a proud shareholder)
- I have bought, sold, and brokered over $5M in domain names
- In 2012 Daina (my wife) and I co-founded Bold Metrics, a venture-funded startup currently headquartered in San Francisco, CA
Currently I spend my days, nights and weekends at Bold Metrics – yes, running a startup is an all or nothing thing.
Want to learn more about Bold Metrics and my favorite weekend activity? You can read more about both here. Thanks for reading!