The moment I saw this session I knew I had to be there. Email and Social Media list building is a key element of any brand in any niche. Email and Social Media are critical ways to engage your audience and build brand loyalty. Enough about how cool this session is – let’s dive right in! Since there’s a lot of content here I’ve decided to split this into two posts – here’s part one!
- An effective list-building strategy is more than just a bunch of tactics – it’s tightly integrated with ROI.
- Content should be driving everything that you do.
- Develop partnerships with other experts in your space.
Case Study: Social Media Examiner
Don’t start selling right away; wait until you have subscribers and followers. Email is about relationship building so the initial focus is on great content not sales.
Top Five Tactics:
- Pop-up form get 70% of opt ins (most people think this doesn’t work, but it does)
- Bonus incentive lifts response
- Confirmed (double) opt-in boosts quality
- Social proof reduces anxiety
- Social media makes sharing easy (confirmation page after sign-up allowing people to tweet and post to Facebook)
Key: Support your tactics with research and testing; integrate them with ROI goals to build strategy.
MarketingExperiments.com, MarketingSherpa.com, WhichTestWon.com
Optimizing Landing Pages:
- “Before” landing pages – where site visitors first opt into your list (blog, squeeze page)
- “After” landing pages – what they see right after signing-up (confirmation, special offers)