Afternic – one of my personal favorite domain listings services is gearing-up to add Auctions to their offerings. This will be a very welcome addition to Afternic’s suite of services. Afternic will allow members to bid on pre-expiry domains (names that have not yet been renewed by their owners).
Afternic is hosting a presentation on the 21st of December to review their new Auction service, the following will be covered in the presentation:
- An overview of NameMedia’s Domain Marketplace
- A discussion of Afternic Auctions as a part of the NameMedia offering
- A review of Afternic Auctions — core features and benefits
This should add a lot to Afternic and I’m excited about getting some of my domains into their first auction!
For more information about Afternic Auctions please visit their FAQ’s at:
Below is the press release from this announcement:
NameMedia Launches Domain Auction Sales Platform
New Service Will Feature Exclusive Domain Inventory
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
December 19, 2007 Waltham, MA—NameMedia today announced the launch of Afternic Auctions on the company’s award-winning AfternicDLS domain sales platform. With this launch, NameMedia expands AfternicDLS’ suite of products to include exclusive pre-expiry domain auctions. These daily auctions will allow buyers to purchase domain names from among thousands of names that have not been renewed by their owners prior to expiration.
“We are pleased to further enhance our marketplace by operating exclusive, daily domain name auctions,” said Pete Lamson, senior vice president and general manager of NameMedia’s marketplace. “The Afternic Auction platform, backed by Afternic’s personalized service and flexible bidding options, gives domain buyers another source of premium domain names.”
The Afternic Auction platform, launched after extensive customer usability testing, includes the following product benefits:
• Simple search functionality and bidding interface
• 35 day “Preorder” period, followed by extended 5 day auction
• Individually prepared Domain Appraisals available for every auctioned name
• Personalized bid management system including: Bid Increase Alerts, Domain Watch Lists, Closing Soon Reminders and more
• Capability to download the inventory of upcoming auctions to facilitate analysis and bidding strategies
• Secure domain escrow process
“Customer reaction during beta testing was very positive, particularly with respect to the platform’s search technology, bidding interface and bid management summary,” said Adam Gross, product director for NameMedia’s domain marketplace. “We look forward to this launch of another new service for our customers.”
For more information, visit www.Afternic.com
For Press Inquiries, Contact:
For Business Development Inquiries, Contact:
Vice President, Business Development
NameMedia operates a leading targeted online media business and a leading online marketplace for domain names. Further information is available at www.namemedia.com.