Well it’s official, NamesCon 2020 is now two weeks away and that means it’s time to do some “Countdown to NamesCon” posts here on MorganLinton.com. Is NamesCon a sponsor of mine? Nope. But I have had the chance to get to know Soeren, Helga and the rest of the team and they’re awesome and I’m really excited about the show this year.
I’ll be speaking at the conference in a session with me and the one and only Braden Pollock on Wednesday at 4PM. I’m flying in that day on a flight that lands at 1:30PM, so please say a prayer for me that United is able to get this flight out on time, or at least not more than an hour late otherwise I’m in trouble!
On that note, if anyone is flying from San Francisco to Austin at 8:10AM on the 29th, we’re on the same flight. Okay, now onto the topic of this post – five must-see talks for new Domain Investors.
I’m really impressed with all of the speakers and content NamesCon has planned for this year, the top industry experts from around the world will be in Austin and honestly, every single talk looks interesting to me. That being said, I want to break down the schedule and share some essential sessions that I think would qualify as “must see” status for new investors. So let’s get to it.
- Domain Investing 101 with Michael Cyger (Weds @ 11:30AM)– common, do I even need to say anything else. It’s Mike – creator of DomainSherpa and DNAcademy. He’s an awesome speaker and this session has been a favorite for years. You can read more about it here.
- What is My Domain Worth? (Weds @ 12PM) – one of the most challenging things to figure out when you’re just getting started in the domain name world is how much your domains are actually worth. In this session, Ryan from DomainAgents breaks it down. I had the chance to sit down with Ryan last year at NamesCon in Vegas, good guy and this should be a great session. You can read more about it here.
- How to Get the Full Value from Your Domain (Thurs @ 10AM) – this sessions is stacked with people I have a ton of respect for that are sure to give the audience a stellar session. Bill from NameNinja is a legend IMO, one of the most savvy domain brokers I know. Joining him on the panel is Dave from Above.com who I’ve known for years and along with being one of the nicest people I have ever met in the industry is also one of the most knowledgeable. Negar, Marco, and Adam are all experts and the perfect people to have on this panel. You can read more about it here.
- Auction Preparations: Domain Sherpa Discussion (Thurs @ 2PM) – okay, this one also feels like it just goes without saying. It’s the DomainSherpa crew – Tessa, Andrew, Shane, and Ammar, all talking about the auction and how to prepare for it. These are four of my favorite people in the domain industry and also some of the most fun to watch on stage, don’t miss this one – seriously, don’t miss it! You can read more about it here.
- Transparency of the Secondary Domain Market (Fri @ 4PM) – you all know Braden, and apart from being a serial entrepreneur and successful domain investor, he’s also an amazing moderator. This session should be a really interesting one and would be a good one for new domain investors to attend to really understand the secondary domain market at a deeper level. You can read more about it here.
Of course, there’s plenty of other great talks for new domain investors but these five met the criteria (IMHO) of being must-see sessions. Feel free to share any sessions you think would be good to note in the comment section below!