Hello and Happy Thanksgiving! Today Daina and I are up north in my hometown of Berkeley, California getting ready to enjoy a wonderful Thanksgiving with the family. So I’m not going to spend too much time writing a blog post but I did want to take a few minutes to share what I am thankful for this year because 2013 has without a doubt been one of the best years of our life.
- The love of my life – I feel so lucky to have met someone that is my best friend, my co-founder, and the love of my life. As many of you know Daina and I spend every single day together, ever morning, afternoon and night. It has been a dream come true for us and now I don’t know how we ever had jobs that kept us apart for 8+ hours a day. This year has really shown us the amazing things we can do together and we’re just getting started!
- My Family – I have an incredibly family, and it’s getting bigger as my Sister will be having her first child in the next 4-6 weeks. I am incredibly close with my family and feel so fortunate to have them so deeply entwined in our lives!
- Mark Cuban – Mark believed in us before Fashion Metric was a fully formed company, he saw our vision and has supported us really since before day one. Mark has been a incredible investor and advisor and we can’t wait to continue this journey together.
- Trevor Owens – there are times in your life when people really come through for you. If you don’t know Trevor, he is the founder of Lean Startup Machine, an amazing entrepreneur and a good friend of Daina and mine. Trevor has really gone above and beyond for us this year and I really want to thank him for everything he has done. The startup world is an intense one, full of ups and downs and Trevor has been there for us more than just about anyone on the planet.
- My Blog Readers – last but certainly not least is you! When I started this blog I had no idea it would become an everyday thing and reach so many people. This year has broken all records for number of comments and new visitors and it feels great to connect with so many amazing people. On top of that the quality of comments are amazing with some truly inspired and passionate people joining in the conversation and contributing. I wouldn’t be writing this if it wasn’t for all of you so I want to give a huge thanks to all my readers.
That’s all folks, have a great Thanksgiving and stop reading this, today is about spending time with the people you love and being Thankful for everything you have in your life!