Hello everyone and welcome to my second-to-last weekend musing of 2011. In this case I’m not actually writing this post on the weekend, in fact it’s Thursday night! Daina and I decided to escape for Christmas and spend the weekend in a cabin in the mountains, having a nice romantic Christmas in the snow!
This is one of the things I really like about living in Los Angeles. It’s going to be in the 70’s and sunny this weekend but a little over two hours from our doorstep and we’re on the top of a mountain, in the middle of the woods, surrounded by snow! Of course even out in the mountains we still have WiFi but I won’t be spending even a minute blogging, it’s time for some R&R.
Still there’s a lot on my mind and as usual I’m happy to share it with all of you, so here we go!
- It is awesome to see how much great positive buzz there is going on in the domain space right now. From the success of .CO and .ME this year along with an exciting .XXX launch, this is one exciting industry to be a part of!
- A few good links can really make a big difference. I recently had some really nice backlinks help give a very noticeable boost to a few of my sites. I can’t stress enough that it’s not about quantity, it’s about quality, and some great quality links really can make a big difference.
- Writers, writers, and more writers. I am adding new writers to five different sites and I’ve found them all by reaching-out directly to Facebook fans. I’ve found that once a brand gets over 500 fans there’s a lot you can do to engage and interact with the audience. One great example is something I did this week on the Bimmer.co fan page. I asked the question, “What Bimmer makes the best XMas gift?” I got 18 responses and 6 likes; if you ever want to know if you have an audience – this is an easy way to check!
- Go Daddy has had some great drops lately. I’ve found some nice gems on Go Daddy over the past few months, a few that turned-into good flips, others that are going to be great brands in 2012!
- DOMAINfest 2012 is going to be a blast! I can’t wait for DOMAINfest and every day we’re getting closer and closer to showtime. Just about everyone I know in the industry is going, can’t wait to hang-out with everyone again in Santa Monica!
- I love my new Nikon D5100. After a few months of research I picked the Nikon D5100 as I’ve been ready to upgrade to a digital SLR. We took it to Santa Barbara last weekend and had a blast taking photos. You’ll definitely see more photos on my blog in 2011 starting with a “Domainer Office” series I want to start soon 🙂
- This was supposed to be short but those who know me know that brevity is not my best quality!
I hope you are all having a great time with friends and family during the holidays! Right now we are probably in our cabin with the fire going, music playing, while we cook an amazing romantic dinner. I’m not checking email, I’m not blogging, I’m just enjoying some time with Daina and a relaxing weekend in the snow!
Of course that doesn’t mean I won’t be posting tomorrow – my Christmas post has been written and will go live on Christmas Day! Now stop reading this post and get a fresh glass of Egg Nog!