I was thinking today that I’ve never really shared with anyone what a typical Saturday looks like for me. I think that many people spend the weekend relaxing – good for those people but I’m not one of them! The weekend is when I put the pedal to the metal and get some serious work done.
When I tell friends that I’m working on the weekend the initial response is always something like, “I’m really sorry about that man” or “wow – that sucks.” The thing is – it doesn’t suck! I’m doing what I love and I wouldn’t have it any other way. I absolutely love running a business and find there are not enough hours in the day to do what I want to do. Yes – I used the word “want” here because it’s a lot of fun!!
So here’s a typical Saturday:
– Wake-up around 9AM
– Breakfast maybe a little golf (on TV – I’m no good at the actual game)
– Read Domaining blog articles
– Respond to emails from blog readers, brokerage customers, book readers, and staff in the philippines.
– Blog post on Domainvestors.tv
– Blog post on TVTech.us
– Two interested buyers for one domain – email follow-up
– Creation of Sales Presentation for brokerage client domain name
– Review expiring domains on Freshdrop
– Write article for October Newsletter
– Online Store Added to Kayaking.org
– Updated company balance sheets
– Assigned new logo design project to my designer
– Send signed brokerage contract to new brokerage client
– BitZee.com High-Level Planning – Cont.
– Review upcoming Bido auctions
– Gym, swim, hot tub – still doing Triathlons here folks so I don’t sit on my butt all day!
It may sound like a lot but for me it’s just another Saturday! Don’t worry – I’m taking the night off and having a nice dinner and relaxing Saturday with my girlfriend. Life is all about keeping a balance, the Ying and the Yang – if you’re into that kind of stuff!
Hope everyone is having a great weekend so far – whatever it is that you’re doing!