Facebook started-out as a social network connecting college students across the United States. However, what started-out as a simple way to keep-in-touch has turned into an essential way for businesses to engage with customers. If you think for a second that your customers aren’t on Facebook, think again.
Facebook is now full of businesspeople who use the service often as a replacement for Linked-In and much more. If you look at just about every television or magazine ad the companies may or may not promote Twitter, but they always promote their Facebook Fanpage.
Since making a Fanpage is so important I thought I’d cover five reasons why your business needs a Facebook Fanpage. If you held-off in 2011, 2012 is your year to make it happen, and here’s why you should do it:
- There is a good chance over 50% of your customers are on Facebook – this means you have one more way to reach a majority of your customers.
- People spend a lot of time on Facebook which means that your brand gets in front of them more than just about any advertisement you could run.
- Facebook Fan pages are great for offering specials. So many businesses are leveraging Facebook Fan pages to offer their customers deals on products and services that keep them coming back.
- It’s no longer cutting-edge to have a Fanpage. Some of the oldest, slowest-moving companies on the planet now have Fanpages, this isn’t cutting-edge any more, it’s a standard.
- Facebook Ads – you can target specific customer demographics with laser accuracy using Facebook ads. Often it’s easier to get someone to become a fan then to sign-up for a service right-away on your website.
So don’t spend another year living in the past, if you want more customers, and want to really build your brand online, then it’s time to get with the times and get a Facebook Fanpage for your business!
Now I know what you’re probably asking now, well how the heck do I build a Fanpage? I highly recommend this tutorial from Techipedia. It takes less than 30 minutes to get through and by the time your done you’ll be armed with all the knowledge you need to get a Facebook Fanpage up and running for your business. Enjoy!