It’s the end of a really intense week. While it’s been an incredible week I am glad it’s over and I’m ready for a really productive weekend. Since I’ve been working since 6:00AM and it’s now 6:30PM I’m going to keep this short and sweet.
- Building a brand takes a lot of time, energy, blood, sweat, tears, and much more. I have been working with Kevin Fink my Director of Development on a really exciting brand that we’ll be launching in the coming weeks. We have had a ton of calls, emails, planning sessions, etc. Every time we think we are ready to launch we find 10,000 different things we didn’t think of. This week we closed two major partnership deals that will make everything we want to do possible, it feels good, but we’re still not there yet. Can’t wait to share it with all of you and I have to say Kevin has really been burning the candle at both ends getting it all up and running.
- Coloft rocks! I spent my first evening at Coloft on Wednesday and it was a really awesome experience. I sat at a desk with my laptop and a few Ruby books surrounded by entrepreneurs working on really cool projects. You could just feel the energy in the room and I can’t wait to go back tomorrow and Sunday for some full workdays in my new office in Santa Monica!
- I added two chapters to my book this week. That’s right – for everyone that already bought the book you’ll be getting a brand-new copy next week with two new Chapters, one with a great primer on HTML and another covering Cloud Computing. Both of these chapters are labeled “Advanced Topics” and are geared more towards power users. I really wanted to have something for the real hard-core geeks reading my book and I hope these will really add even more value to what is to date the best piece of writing I’ve ever produced. I also made some changes to the book page and ended the promotional price so we’re up to the regular $79.99 that the book will remain at from now until, well forever 🙂 So far this book has outsold both of my previous books and the feedback from everyone has been phenomenal, most people say my book is saving them 10x on what they would normally be spending on worthless domains. If you’ve already bought my book you’ll receive a fresh new copy on Monday, if not then you should go buy my book now.
- Way to go .CO! I was really excited to see .CO hit their million domain registration mark. I’ve met Juan a number of times and can honestly say he is one of the smartest and dedicated businesspeople on the planet. Lori has done an amazing job on the marketing side along with Crystal, heck – the whole team just rocks! They deserve all the success they are seeing and with blockbuster sales like Business.co for $80K I can tell you .CO is going even bigger. It just goes to show what you can achieve when you put-together a team of great people with a phenomenal brand – I know they are probably celebrating like crazy this weekend, wish I could be in Miami now!
- TGIF. That’s all I got folks – time to party down in LA and then start a weekend of working hard one some really incredible brands that I can’t wait to announce to all of you. It’s taken hundreds of hours to bring these to life, and unlike my MiniSite days I really don’t have things to announce each week…but I can tell you, these are worth the wait!
Feel free to share your Friday reflections below, or comment on mine, or just say “hi” – as usual comment and let your voice be heard!