Today is the last day of TechCrunch Disrupt SF which means that the winner of Startup Battlefield will be picked tonight! Winning the battlefield is big deal for a startup that will give them an incredible advantage building their business and getting the mentorship and funding that is critical to success.
In case you missed the winner of TechCrunch Disrupt NYC earlier this year you can read about it in my post – GetAround.com Wins TechCrunch Disrupt 2011! Some funny history you might not know (but will appreciate if you’re a Domainer) is that GetAround.com was originally owned by Michael Berkens and sold to the company that went on to win Disrupt…so the Domaining industry had a direct connection to the winners of Disrupt NYC!
Along with the conclusion of Startup Battlefield there are some great talks this morning with both entrepreneurs and investors. Here’s a quick look at today’s agenda:
- 9:10AM – 9:30AM – Rise of (Profitable) Open Source Hardware
- 9:30AM – 10:10AM – Imagine K12’s class of startup launch presentations
- 10:10AM – 10:30AM – Fireside chat with John Doerr, Kleiner, Perkins, Caufield & Byers
- 10:30AM – 10:45AM – Power play with Gokul Rajaram, Facebook Ads
- 11:00AM – 11:20AM – Fireside chat with Mike Schroepfer, Facebook
- 11:20AM – 11:35AM – Founder Stories with Kevin O’Connor, FindTheBest
- 11:45AM – 12:30PM – @Angels, discussion with a group of angel investors (very cool!!)
- 2:00PM – 2:15PM – Power play with Matt Cohler, Benchmark Capital
- 2:15PM – 2:30PM – Power play with Hadi Partovi, founder and investor
- 2:30PM – 2:40PM – Highlights from the weekend TechCrunch Disrupt Hackathon
- 2:40PM – 2:55PM – News from Startup Battlefield Alumni: Badgeville, Qwiki, Miso Media, Sonar and
- 2:55PM – 3:15PM – Fireside chat with Marissa Mayer, Google
- 3:30PM – 5:30PM – Startup Battlefield Semifinals
- 7:00PM – 7:30PM – Closing Awards Ceremony
(San Francisco Mayor Ed Lee)
(Fireside Chat with Vonod Khosla)
(Lean Startups and Pivots with Eric Ries)
(Discussion with Ashton Kutcher)
There are many more video highlights of the Disrupt show available directly from TechCrunch.com. Stay-tuned tonight for a recap of the final day of TechCrunch Disrupt and of course – the winner of Disrupt SF 2011!
Remember, you can watch the event live while it’s happening so if you want to follow the action as it unfolds make sure to visit TechCrunch.com/disrupt.