What an exciting year 2012 has been so far, and we’re only half-way into the first month of the year! I really hit the ground running this year and already have two conferences behind me, three domain sales, and some great new direct advertising partners on some of my top brands! Of course this is only the beginning of what I can tell you all is going to be another record-breaking year for me and the Domain Industry as a whole!
I’m more excited than ever so there’s a lot going on inside my head, as usual, every weekend I’ll let you step inside and see what’s getting my gears turning!
- Back in Los Angeles – there really is now place like home. After spending a week in Vegas for Affiliate Summit and CES it feel great to be home! I learned a lot last week and will be continuing to share it with all of you over the coming weeks.
- Changes Here At MorganLinton.com – you’ve probably noticed the new blog header and there’s more to come! I’m always trying to make my site as accessible and usable as possible. With so many new readers coming onboard every week I’ve now created a Start Here page just for new visitors! I also have a very special update planned for January 23rd…stay-tuned!
- DomainInvesting.tv is coming! I’m not going to give-away the release date but I’ll tell you it is coming VERY soon. I hope that what we’ve created can help inspire and educate tens of thousands of new Domain Investors. Remember, this video isn’t really for people like you or me, if you’ve heard of Domain Investing or own a few domains this video will be too basic for you. This video is for people like your parents, or a good friend who invests in real estate and is looking for a new asset class to invest in for 2012.
- Three domains sold so far in 2012! Pretty exciting start to the year, one of the names I sold through Sedo, the other through Francois’s newsletter and the third directly to an end-user. 2011 had a lot of learning experiences for me in the domain sales space, if you haven’t ready it yet, make sure to read about what I learned in 2011 about Selling Domains.
- I am not a Domain Broker. I’ve been getting a lot of emails about brokerage and just want to re-iterate that I am not a domain broker but I do know a lot of great domain brokers and definitely recommend Domain Advisors, Toby Clements, and Andrew Rosner.
- I’m hiring more writers! This month I am looking at adding 2-3 new writers to my team. If you love writing, or know somebody who does we are looking for people to write about the following topics; travel, personal finance, taxes, adventure sports. We offer $15 for every 350 – 400 word article and require a minimum of four articles/month to be on the team. If you want to apply please send three writing samples along with your resume to morgan(at)lintoninvestments.com.
- Thanks to everyone who helped me pick-out logos yesterday! I was blown-away by the response I received yesterday to my post about picking logos for two brands. It was really interesting to hear everyone’s opinions and this is directly driving the final logos we pick.
- Way to go 49ers! Yesterday the San Francisco 49ers played one exciting game leaving them just one game away from the Super Bowl. While I’m not a huge die-hard football fan I did grow up in the Bay Area before the Raiders came so the 49ers was my team. It would be really exciting to see them in the Super Bowl this year!
Okay, that’s all for now! I hope you are all having a great weekend. As always feel free to share your own weekend musings with me and the world in the comment section below.