Well it’s 10:37PM which means the day is almost over, and I still haven’t had a chance to sit down and write my weekend musing yet! No, I haven’t been busy with meetings today, after a busy week at the conference Daina and I spent the day enjoying some much needed R&R.
Since it’s late, and I’m trying to take a day off I’m going to keep this short and sweet.
- Liquidity will most-certainly be one of the hottest buzzwords of 2012. Whether you’re investing in domain names, real estate, or foreign artifacts, understanding how liquid you are is critical. Don’t fool yourself into thinking you have incredible liquidity when you don’t. If you were kidding yourself in 2011, don’t make the same mistake in 2012. If domains are your game this means sticking to .COMs if your focus is to make money buying and selling names.
- WordPress is taking over. I know I’ve talked about WordPress a lot lately on my blog, well there’s a good reason for it! WordPress really is taking over, 15% of the websites on the Internet use WordPress. If you thought WordPress was just for blogs think again! I will continue to provide as much useful information on my blog about WordPress to help all of my readers build great-looking, interactive websites, without writing a single line of code.
- I spent over $8K buying domains in the last 30 days. While this is chump change for many Domainers it’s a solid month of buying for me. Every dime I spend on domain names comes from revenue generated in my business. I think this is the best way to invest so that you really are turning your profits into even more profits. What I’m buying? Almost exclusively two-word .COMs from the 90’s.
- The next edition of my newsletter will go out Monday, make sure to subscribe if you haven’t yet, in 2012 I’ll be putting a strong focus on detailed case studies and special deals available only to subscribers.
- I love my new Nikon D5100. It was great to have this at DOMAINfest, I got some great pictures and some nice videos that I’ll be sharing with all of you next week…including a surprise interview with one of the top domain brokers on the planet!
- Can’t wait for next week! I’ll be making an exciting announcement to all of you next week, if you were at DOMAINfest then you know what I’m talking about, if not, get ready!
Okay, that’s all I’ve got! It is really nice to just have a nice relaxing weekend at home. I hope you are all having a great weekend, and as always, please feel free to share your musings with me!