Hello and welcome to another weekend musing here on MorganLinton.com. It has been another amazing week and with a lot going on this weekend I’m going to keep this extra short and sweet this time:
- On Thursday we announced the integration of appraiso into Protrada! I knew this was going to be big but it turned-out to be even bigger than we had expected, it was hard to keep up with the emails coming in and new users signing-up. I will be covering all the details of the launch along with sharing all the great articles written about it early next week. If you haven’t yet seen the integration it is incredibly slick, here’s a screenshot of the integration in action:
- I sold a domain for $17,500 on Afternic last week. I’ll be doing a full post on this and hopefully sharing the domain I sold if I can. As usual Buy Domains/Afternic went above and beyond with great communication and a nice smooth transaction. Special thanks to Rich Green – you rock!
- ICANN had a regional meeting here in LA and it was awesome to catch-up with some of the people who were in town. We had a blast last night out on the Sunset strip, still could use a few more hours of sleep though!
- There were two absolutely must-read posts written by two leaders in our industry, if you haven’t read this, stop what you’re doing and read them right now:
- In New gTLDs, The Only Certainty is Change (Frank Schilling)
- Are you a $50 or a $500 “Domain Waiter” (Rick Schwartz)
- Last but certainly not least, I wrote an article about my thoughts on the Facebook IPO that has been getting some great comments. If you haven’t read it yet I’d be very interested in hearing what you think too!
And there you have it, my musings for the day. I hope you all had a great week and have a great weekend!