Hello and welcome to my weekend musings! It is Saturday afternoon and we’ve had a great day so far with more to go! As usual there are a lot of exciting things going on so let’s dive in:
- You may have noticed that my blog is much zippier than before. That’s thanks to ZippyKid, the new hosting provider I picked for my blog. Initially I gave WPEngine a shot however unfortunately didn’t have a great experience. I’ll be writing about this next week in more detail. The end result is that my blog runs lightning fast and I have a fully managed WordPress installation so I don’t have to worry about security, updates, etc.
- My post about my most recent domain flipping experience had a lot of reads putting it in the top three most-read posts of this year. Lots of great comments and a great adventure to share with all of you.
- I can’t get over how awesome the integration is between Appraiso and Protrada, it is a dream come true for us to see our hard work integrated into a world-class platform and the initiate response has been incredible. Over 150 different news organizations picked-up the story last week with more to come!
- In two weeks I will be mentoring at Lean Startup Machine in Los Angeles, the first time this event has come to Silicon Beach! Last July I attended Lean Startup Machine in New York City and from it came Employeo, a new startup in the recruiting space currently in private beta. I can’t wait to spend a weekend with some of the best and brightest entrepreneurs, VCs, angel investors, and thought leaders in LA!
- For anyone wondering if I purchased Facebook stock yet, the answer is the same as it was when I wrote my Facebook IPO post, “I am making a sizable investment in Facebook myself, but I’m waiting until all the buzz dies down so I can see what this is going to settle at.” It is clear that the stock hasn’t settled, I’m thinking probably around 28 will be where it will start to settle once all the buzz and media hype dies down.
- I am bidding on a few of my favorite one-word .ME’s in the Sedo .ME Auction, there are definitely going to be some good deals and I’m hoping to add a few more solid .ME names to my portfolio. Earlier this month I acquired WineTasting.me in a private sale, I think .ME has a very bright future and am investing, but only in premium names just like I do in the .TV space.
- Audio version of my book. I am seriously considering doing an audio version of my book. I think it would be a lot of fun and I know that more and more people are reading by listening. With the video edition coming-out in July I think I might just do these both simultaneously!
- MorganLinton.com the app is coming soon, this will of course be free and initially available only for iOS devices. Of course I will be sharing how I built the app with all of you, and no I’m not writing any code myself.
Okay, it’s Saturday and we are getting ready to make some popcorn and watch a 3D movie (Pirates of the Caribbean), then off to Malibu to watch the sunset and grab a few drinks. Tomorrow we are heading out for a hike and then have some exciting work to do on a few of our brands to get ready for the week ahead. I hope you are all having a great weekend, thanks for reading and as always feel free to add your comments below!