Go Nuts – Play It In HD!
I thought I’d add a short video to my Weekend Musings this week. Could end-up being a regular thing but I’ve learned not to push it when it comes to video as it’s hard to keep set schedules. I woke-up this morning and went out on the patio to find the birds having quite a conversation, so I thought I’d share it with all of you.
Now for my weekend musings in no particular order:
- It’s great to be back in Marina del Rey! We had an amazing time in New York and Boston, working hard and making it through one heck of a meeting schedule. We also had the chance to celebrate Daina’s 30th Birthday and even try a revolutionary new body scanner on Newbury Street in Boston (Alton Lane). That being said, it is really nice to be home and relaxing waking-up and just listening to the birds on the water.
- I bought FB stock last week. I discussed the Facebook IPO early this year and said I would be waiting for the right place to get into the stock. I’m glad I didn’t buy at the IPO price but also know that my guess is as good as anyone’s. It’s a risk but I always recommend that you never invest money you’re not willing to lose in the stock market, unless that’s what you do all day every day. Even then it’s still a bit of a gamble. Definitely not looking at this as a short-term play, planning on not even looking at this much until a few years from now. That being said I do believe that FB will unlock mobile advertising in a way that Google has never been able to.
- I also bought some great domains last week, all of them are going out to my sales team that will be reaching out to targeted prospects. I hired a new salesperson late last month that is manning the phones and making direct sales calls focused on our one-word domains.
- Someone asked me recently about how things are going with YachtRentals.co, based on what I’ve heard from the team it sounds like there will be something to show by mid-month! I haven’t seen it myself yet so am also excited to see what it looks like!
- Tonight is our last Southern California Domainer MeetUp of the year! This looks like it’s going to be one of our best MeetUp’s yet with over 50 people attending and hosted by Tan Tran the CEO of FreshDrop. While it may be cold in some parts of the country I’ll be bringing my swimming trunks tonight!
- We’ve been working incredibly hard on Fashion Metric, it officially occupies just about all of our time. From back-to-back meetings in NYC and Boston to building the product and running the alpha, these are exciting times!
Today we are doing some errands and picking-up our Christmas Tree and decorations in preparations for a day of Christmasisizing our apartment! We’ll be getting the place in Christmas-mode and making cookies, candy canes, and attempting to make Egg Nog, which is a first for us!
Hope you’re all having a great weekend! As always feel free to share your musings or comment on any of mine!