I hope everyone is having a nice start to their weekend, I’ve been enjoying being back in LA after a week in Vancouver. I thought I would share a few Saturday musings with all of you and as usual, feel free to share your own thoughts and experiences as well!
- The Startup space is on fire this year with tons of companies getting major funding from VCs and Angel Investors. If you look at where the funding is going it’s heavy on the software side and very social media focused. This is pretty exciting to see and I think companies like GetAround, LivingSocial, and FoodOnTheTable are great examples of some of the incredible innovations that are possible thanks to the increasing popularity of social media.
- TechCrunch announced a Disrupt conference on the West Coast in San Francisco this September. I followed Disrupt NYC intensely and loved every minute of it, now with one coming-up on the West Coast I think I’ll have to attend this one in person! If you missed all the incredible coverage of Disrupt NYC make sure to check it all out here.
- There are two Twitter hashtags I follow regularly now that I’d recommend you all take a look at – #leanstartup and #innovation
- I learned something really cool about Fabulous this week and it convinced me to move some of my best domains over to them. It turns-out that Fabulous offers a transfer security feature where you can restrict transfers so that they can only happen when you have a USB security dongle attached to your computer. This is far and beyond the most foolproof security option I’ve ever heard of since it involves a physical device to be connected. I’ll do a full post on this once I get mine!
- Vancouver is one of the most exciting cities to watch hockey in! I was able to watch the NHL Finals Game 4 at the Shark Club in Vancouver which is supposed to be the #1 place in the city to watch the game. It was really intense and a lot of fun, unfortunately Vancouver lost but they won on Friday! Take a look at this pict below of people crowded in the street to watch the game on a giant TV screen:
Of course I couldn’t help but join in on the action and excitement a bit:
- Tomorrow Daina and I will be spending the day at Coloft working on Xelot, we’re adding some really cool features that beta testers will get to try-out next week! We recently re-did the logo which has been integrated into the current beta – below you can see the before and after…let us know if you like the new logo!
That’s all folks – those are my Saturday musings, hope you’re all enjoying your weekend and as always feel free to comment and let your voice be heard!