I went to book my hotel room for Rick Schwartz’s Domainer MeetUp in Asheville this summer and got an error. It turns out I’m not the only one because he actually sold out his first block of hotel rooms in the first 24-hours that they became available. Luckily another 45 rooms will come online soon so I’m going to try my luck again tomorrow morning.
I’ve had a number of people ask me if I’m attending this event and asking if they should go, my answer is yes and yes. I think the event sounds like a lot of fun and I thought I’d share some of the reasons why I’m looking forward to it.
My very first domain conference was TRAFFIC back in 2010. I can still remember how nervous I was. Rick was incredibly welcoming and made me feel right at home, in fact I had breakfast with Rick, Ron Jackson and Howard Neu my first morning. I was really amazed at how welcoming they were. What I learned is that as Domainers we all share a really great common bond, we’re like a family, and Rick knows how to make an event where everyone can be together in a really special way.
I’m excited to see Rick again and to be a part of his very first Asheville Domainer MeetUp, here’s the reasons why I think you’d get a lot out of it too:
- As Domainers we really can learn so much from each other. Spending three days with other Domainers is likely the most effective way to accelerate your knowledge and share with others.
- Asheville is a really nice place and there’s something relaxing about being there, like the pace of life just slows down a bit. Couple this with a truly magical venue and I think you’ll be able to take a step back from the chaos of everyday life. It’s when you’re relaxed that you can often get the most perspective.
- The Omni Grove Park Inn sounds like a really incredible hotel, I found this article about it in Forbes that’s worth a read if you’re trying to decide whether to stay at the hotel or not
- The food. If you’ve ever been to an event that Rick’s behind, you know the food is absolutely amazing. I’m really looking forward to eating some great meals with other Domainers.
- The agenda. It’s not going to be packed with things, instead it sounds like everyone is going to be doing the same things together each day.
You can save $100 on registration for the event if you register before March 25th, the link to register is here. That being said, given that the first hotel block sold out in 24-hours I don’t think you’ll be able to get a hotel room if you wait until the 24th which is why I’m trying again tomorrow morning.
Thanks to Rick for putting this event together. I’m always amazed that Rick takes the time to do this because let’s be honest, he doesn’t have to do this, he’s made enough money with domains to never work again. Like I said above, Rick made me feel like family at my first (and every other TRAFFIC) and I think he’s doing this because he really just loves our industry and the people it brings together.
If you’re reading this, you’re a part of the family, whether you’ve only sold one domain in your entire life, or your full time job is Domaining, I think you’ll find an incredibly welcoming group of people ready to share and learn together in Asheville this summer.
Note: I am not being paid to write this and I don’t get any special rates on anything related to this event. I have been so impressed with the events Rick he had me sold the day he announced this event.