I joined the ICA in 2012, before that, to be perfectly honest I didn’t know much about what the ICA did. After my first week as a contributor I was blown-away, soon I was on email strings covering issues that I had no idea we as domain investors were facing. That’s when I realize how important the ICA is and why every single domain investor should be a member and support the cause because really, in the end, you will be supporting yourself.
There are some great ways to learn more about the ICA and meet some of the people involved if you at in Vegas attending NamesCon. If you spend a bit more time learning about what the ICA is doing I think you’ll see why it is so important to support and get involved with the organization. The landscape is changing and if we all want to be doing this in ten years, we’ll need the ICA to be going strong.
Here are two great ways you can learn more about the ICA at NamesCon:
- Attend the 11:05AM session tomorrow – Your Voice in the New Marketplace: TheDNA.org and ICA
- Come to the ICA MeetUp tomorrow at 12:40PM (I will be there!)
If you have a business that depends on domain names to make money I strongly urge you to attend these sessions. I think once you understand more about what the ICA does, you’ll see why it is so important that we all come together and pledge our support.
I hope to see you tomorrow at the ICA MeetUp!
Latest posts by Morgan (see all)
- A few ways to get started writing your own Ethereum Smart Contracts - September 17, 2021
- Pre-bidding has kicked off on the first batch of domains in the RightOfTheDot/NamesCon auction - September 15, 2021
- Moving from WordPress to Ghost, Update #2 - September 13, 2021