This morning Apple unveiled their brand new iPhone, and while many speculated they would simply call it “The New iPhone” as they did with the iPad, they have stuck to good old numbers and called it the iPhone 5. As you can see just moments ago Apple updated their website showing the new product in all its glory:
You can learn more about the new iPhone on their site with the following slick new video.
Of course if you don’t have the patience for that and just want a highlight of what’s new, here it is:
- Thinner and lighter – 18% thinner and 20% lighter to be exact
- Bigger display – 4″ retina display
- Ultrafast wireless – thanks to LTE
- Faster and with more battery life – the A6 chip is making this possible
- New earphones – now called earpods, still probably cost less than $2 to make
- Improved camera – faster, higher quality, and with a slick panorama mode built in
- New connector – it’s called lighting and it’s fast and works no matter which way you orient it
- New Maps – bye bye Google Maps, hello Apple Maps
What do you think? Are you going to buy one?