Protrada launched a few months ago really as the Swiss Army Knife of Domain Management and Monetization Solutions. What I like the most about Protrada is their expired domain tool which allows you to filter results based on the criteria that are most important to you, and it all happens in real-time. They also have an incredibly slick trading screen that also allows you to view your aftermarket activity just like a traditional day trader would organize their stock trades.
Under the hood Protrada has done some really impressive things that make the platform run quickly and deliver features perfect for beginners but robust enough for professional Domainers. However what has impressed me most about Protrada actually goes beyond the system they’ve built, it’s about the way they reach-out and listen to customers. Protrada has done an exceptional job getting user feedback, and iterating and improving their system based on what users want.
A great example is their pricing plan. Initially they started with a mulch-tiered pricing plan based on the number of domains you would manage with them. Customer feedback really showed much more interest in a plan for everyone, and at a lower cost. So Protrada listened to their customers and created a flat price of $49 which is an extremely competitive price for everything that Protrada is offering. I’m sure it wasn’t an easy decision to make but Protrada is one of the most customer-centric companies I’ve encountered, and they aren’t afraid to iterate and pivot based on customer feedback.
For those who read my blog regularly you know that I’ve been talking a lot about customer development lately and the importance of listening to your customers. I think sometimes companies can be afraid of negative feedback and instead focus entirely on the positive things that are being said about them. At the end of the day, it is the negative things being said about your company or service that can really help the most, you’ll always have supporters, but turning your non-supporters into true believers is the real trick!
So what has Protrada updated lately? A lot of things, take a look at the list below to see some of the latest and greatest going on right now:
- New pricing plan, no more mulch-tiered, now everyone can use all of Protrada’s features for one low price
- More available domains – over 5 million domains are now available to view and bid on through Protrada
- Sort using 35 different filters (this is the killer feature to me, save a TON of time searching for expired domains)
- Afternic added to Protrada’s feed
- Coming Soon – Hosting Options
- This is really hot off the press – Protrada will soon be offering a hosting option so domain owners can either park their names for free with a rev share split, or host on Protrada and pay just 42 cents/month to host their domain. This is an option I can’t wait to try and I really like the fact that there are two options to choose from.
If you haven’t had a chance to check-out Protrada yet I highly recommend giving their 14-day free trial a shot. While Protrada is a sponsor of my blog this is not a sponsored post, I really like this company and what they are doing. If you give it a try I’m sure you’ll see what makes Protrada so special and such a time-saver. I have to say that setting-up filters and having Protrada do the work of sifting through expired domains can really help you take your focus off searching for great expired names, and put more time into doing something with them!