This has been quite a week – I started by flying to Vancouver on Monday morning and now I’m sitting in my Mom’s living room in Berkeley. Life is an adventure and as I’ve said many times on this blog, I’d be the worst guy to sit at home in front of a computer all day.
A week full of adventure comes with plenty of lessons, not all of these are Domaining-related but they are all important…and I’m ALWAYS learning!
- Walking outside in a bathing suit in freezing-cold weather with 30 MPH winds is not a great idea. Taking a video of it does provide some comic relief and I’ll be sharing it with you soon.
- Alaska Airlines now has WiFi on their flights from Los Angeles to Vancouver – big win for me!
- As I expected traffic was down by 10%-20% for my credit/debt/law sites Weds – Fri due to the holidays. This makes sense to me and I’ve seen the same behavior for years. January is a hot month for credit/debt since many people make this their New Years resolution.
- Driving from Los Angeles to the Bay Area the night before Thanksgiving takes 7 hours and 15 minutes vs. 5 hours normally. All this traffic was just getting-out of LA, smooth sailing after that.
- Being with Family is one of the most rewarding, relaxing and best feelings in the world. Daina and I left our busy lives in LA and are now completely relaxed sitting in my Mom’s living room getting ready to make a fire.
- PHPMyDirectory has major incompatibility issues with Go Daddy, after troubleshooting for a few hours I moved to Hostgator and it worked right-away. The key to the whole installation is IonCube, if that means nothing to you now it will if you install PHPMyDirectory.
- So many Domainers are desperately trying to sell their domains, I’m seeing more good deals than I’ve ever seen. Lots of great names dropping too – plenty of excellent .com’s for anyone that missed th gold rush in the late 90’s – great names are expiring every day!
Okay, now it’s time to head-up to Tilden Park and go for a hike with my Mom and Daina. I hope all of you are getting a chance to take a break for the hustle and bustle of everyday life and enjoying time with family.